17th - 21st May 2010
24th - 28th May 2010
14th -18th June 2010
26th - 30th July 2010
23rd - 27th Aug 2010
10th - 14th Jan 2011
16th - 20th May 2011
- Recombinant DNA Technology: Cutting & pasting of DNA molecules (i.e. restriction digestion, ligation, DNA gel eectrophoresis, and gel extraction.) Bioinfo part: Bioinformatics of DNA database / SequenceAnalysis: Pairwise sequence alignment, Multiple sequence alignment, Pattern search.Tools: BLAST, CLUSTALW/X, CLC Bio Main Workbench
- Genetic Engineering: Transformation and plasmid purification, cloning and sub-cloning, amplification of DNA fragments by polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Bioinfo part:
- Designing of PCR primers
- In-silico cloning
- Searching for homologous and paralogous sequences
- Tools: CLC Bio Main Workbench, BLAST
- Genomics Data Visualization: Browsing and comparing human and mouse genomic data with the help of NCBI Genome viewer and UCSC Genome browser.
- Basic Biostatistics for Molecular Biologist:
- Data visualization and summarization techniques
- Univariate and Bivariate data analysis
Rs. 6000/- (includes tea and food for 5 days). Oncampus accommodation charges extra @ Rs. 400/- per day per person.