The 2009 salary for Bruker Chairman, President, and CEO Frank Laukien will decrease 25 percent to $318,750 from his 2008 salary of $425,000. CFO and Treasurer William Knight will receive a 2009 salary of $288,000, down 10 percent from his 2008 salary of $320,000. Brian Monahan, corporate controller and EVP of Bruker Daltonics, will receive a 2009 salary of $180,000, down 10 percent from his 2008 salary of $200,000.
The firm said in the filing that the salary reductions were temporary, but it didn’t provide any other details. At the end of October, Bruker reported flat third-quarter revenue growth. During its Q3 conference call Laukien noted that beginning this past summer the firm began taking steps to reduce its operating and interest expense and reduce its exposure to currency fluctuations.
“We expect that our cost-cutting initiatives will already have noticeable positive effects in the fourth quarter of 2008 and first quarter of 2009, and that by the middle of 2009 we will see annualized reductions in our overall costs of greater than $12 million,” he said.
Bruker’s shares closed down 1 percent at $4.21 in an abbreviated trading session on the Nasdaq. While stocks across the board are down due to the current economic climate, Bruker’s shares have been hit particularly hard this year, falling 68 percent since the beginning of 2008.
Be part of XTractor community.
- XTractor the first of its kind - Literature alert service, provides manually curated & annotated sentences for the Keywords of your choice
- XTractor maps, extracted entities (genes, processes, drugs, diseases etc) to multiple ontologies
- Enables customized report generation. With XTractor the sentences are categorized into biologically significant relationships
- The categorized sentences could then be tagged and shared across multiple users
- Provides users with the ability to create his own database for a set of Key terms
- Users could change the Keywords of preference from time to time, with changing research needs
- XTractor thus proves to be a platform for getting real-time highly accurate data along with the ability to Share and collaborate
Sign up it's free, and takes less than a minute. Just click here:www.xtractor.in.