Darwin 2009 commemorations
Darwin Day 12 February 2009.
The year 2009 is the 150th anniversary of the publication of On the Origin of Species (24 November 1859) and the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth (12 February 1809). This page on Darwin Online aims to list the associated worldwide events and publications.
Submissions for this list should be emailed to Dr John van Wyhe email@example.com in the form: 'day month year title. Sponsor/venue. Link.'
Items are loosely grouped into 'Events', 'Publications' and 'Films and documentaries'. Although this list is currently very far from comprehensive, it is probably the largest list of worldwide Darwin events in 2009.
Many more such events lots of excitement this week on blogs all around and other fans of reality. Darwin Day in the Blogosphere.
Be part of XTractor community.
- XTractor the first of its kind - Literature alert service, provides manually curated & annotated sentences for the Keywords of your choice
- XTractor maps, extracted entities (genes, processes, drugs, diseases etc) to multiple ontologies
- Enables customized report generation. With XTractor the sentences are categorized into biologically significant relationships
- The categorized sentences could then be tagged and shared across multiple users
- Provides users with the ability to create his own database for a set of Key terms
- Users could change the Keywords of preference from time to time, with changing research needs
- XTractor thus proves to be a platform for getting real-time highly accurate data along with the ability to Share and collaborate
Sign up it's free, and takes less than a minute. Just click here:www.xtractor.in.