Qualifications: M.Sc/ PhD
Experience: M.Sc 3+ years / PhD 1+ years
The role offers an exciting opportunity to work alongside molecular biologists and experimental scientists on cutting edge platform technologies and customer projects. The primary role of the Scientist will be to assist in the analysis of gene expression data & genomics. Extensive knowledge of genomics and statistical analysis methods, as well as a solid foundation in biology, are therefore necessary. The role requires actively help, capture and refine requirements pertaining to specific customer's scientific use cases. Successful candidate will also be given freedom and encouragement to publish in peer-reviewed scientific journals, to further develop statistical techniques for data analysis, lead in-house product development programs and propose new initiatives.
- Candidates will have strong knowledge using—and coding functionality that interacts with—public nucleotide and protein sequence databases, sequence alignment software, and related computational genomic resources
- Strong background in sequence analysis, genome annotation, analysis of gene or protein expression, protein structure or docking prediction, comparative genomics is a must. A broad knowledge of statistics and statistical methods used in analyzing genomics data is preferred
Able to work independently
Excellent interpersonal skills
Outstanding communications skills
Strong team spirit and commitment to success of all team members
- C# under the .Net Framework as well as Perl
- Knowledge of the R programming language
- Strong background in multi-univariate and Bayesian statistics, and some experience in machine-learning techniques (SVM, NN)
- We welcome expertise in Python, Ruby, Java, C++/C, and Matlab
- Understanding of scientific workflows, laboratory instrument interactions and scientific data
- Ability to discuss informatics software specifically, bioinformatics, chemo informatics, LIMS, SDMS, other Life Science analytical applications, at varying levels of detail
- Ability to gather market / prospect requirements and scientific use cases and contribute to effective implementation of scientific use cases in complex data environments
- Writing research papers, posters, participation in conferences seminars
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants should send their CV and have three references
Send it to Ms. Shilpa Ramdurg (preferably by e-mail) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polyclone Bioservieces Pvt. Ltd.
#47, 25th cross, 4th main,
Karesandra, BSK 2nd Stg,
Bangalore – 560070
Be part of XTractor community.
- XTractor the first of its kind - Literature alert service, provides manually curated & annotated sentences for the Keywords of your choice
- XTractor maps, extracted entities (genes, processes, drugs, diseases etc) to multiple ontologies
- Enables customized report generation. With XTractor the sentences are categorized into biologically significant relationships
- The categorized sentences could then be tagged and shared across multiple users
- Provides users with the ability to create his own database for a set of Key terms
- Users could change the Keywords of preference from time to time, with changing research needs
- XTractor thus proves to be a platform for getting real-time highly accurate data along with the ability to Share and collaborate
Sign up it's free, and takes less than a minute. Just click here:www.xtractor.in.