LigerCat is an abbreviation for Literature and Genomics Resource Catalog, which is a free PubMed search tool developed in 2009 as part of the Biology of Aging project at the MBLWHOI Library at the Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory.
LigerCat is great news for geneticists or anyone involved in translational research, a fairly effortless means of data mining for dynamic links to a very complex literature.
LigerCat can be used to search in several ways: 1) to locate and select a list of individual journal titles indexed in PubMed, 2) search using terms from the National Library of Medicine’s Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) list, 3) search using keywords, 4) search on Genes found in the NCBI databases.Do you want to know more?
for more reading:
- Do you hate Pubmed? Here is the solution!
- Getcloudlet Brings Tag Clouds Plus Better Search Terms On Google Search Engine
- GoPubMed – “Searching is now Sorted”
XTractor Premium - A Platform for discovery, knowledge sharing, analysis and modelling of published biomedical facts.
- The only Knowledgebase which provides "manually" annotated facts from PubMed on a weekly basis
- Innovative Features like Semantic Search, Concept Linking, Bibliographic search, Save, Export and Visualize
- Only Knowledgebase with daily updations from PubMed
- XTractor Premium now at an Special Introductory Offer. Subscribe now and save!
- Request for a Trial