Computercraft seeks a microbiologist to work with a team of software developers and biologists on microbial genome analysis including pan-genome, protein clusters, phylogenetic tree and more. This is a technically challenging position requiring experience in genome sequencing and annotation. A background in comparative genome analysis such as alignments and tree building is a plus.
Our scientists work with genomic experts at the NIH's National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) to create and enhance a suite of databases and tools available to researchers worldwide. Teamwork interaction and excellent organizational skills are essential for this detail-oriented position, as is scientific problem-solving with a results-oriented focus.
* PhD in molecular biology, microbiology, or related field
* Experience in genome sequencing and annotation
* Familiarity with BLAST, genome browser, and genome assembly data
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational skills
* Strong interest in contributing to the development of public database resources
Other Desirable Skills:
* Programming experience with LINUX/UNIX
* Scripting experience in PERL or related scripting languages
Computercraft offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including PPO health insurance with 100% company paid premiums, 401K program with matching, paid time off and holiday pay, life insurance, flexible spending and disability coverage. We offer an excellent work life balance with a standard 40 hour work week and the chance to work alongside accomplished scientists at NIH/NCBI.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position or learn about other Computercraft job opportunities, please visit the Careers section of our website: http://www.computercraft-usa.com/
Computercraft is an equal opportunity employer.